Sunday, February 15, 2009

EXETER COMIC EXPO

I just got back from a small one day convention here in the UK. Last year I decided to start doing coloured sketches at cons using markers. This year I thought I'd try going a step further and using coloured fine liners to give them a sort of faux color hold type of look.

Mixed results on the sketches. I tend to do them really quickly as I always feel guilty how long I leave people standing around near the table while I sketch and want to get rid of them as quickly as possible so they can go and get sketches from a proper, professional comic artist.

I don't think I quite hit the characters. Both punisher and Dredd should look a lot beefier and meaner. Oh well, live and learn. I'll hopefully do better at the rest of the cons this year.


No comments: